· Boom! Boom! Deluxe! are an Auckland based neo-rockabilly outfit – playing a mix of their own songs and authentic high energy '50s rock 'n' roll seasoned with a selection of surprising modern classics, all given the Boom! Boom! Deluxe treatment.
· Their debut six track mini-LP on Bear Family was recorded in Auckland and mastered in Nashville. The record is something of a milestone – not just for the band themselves, but also as a drought breaker, the first New Zealand rockabilly release in 17 years and one that will be lovingly embraced by NZ’s growing legion of rockabilly fans.
· The record does a great job of conveying the energy of the band – delivering a rollicking sound dripping with double bass, electric guitar reverb, harmonica and a thumping up-tempo drum beat.
· Over the past few years there has been a huge growth in the popularity of all things vintage, classic cars, pinup fashion and of course rock 'n' roll music.
· At the forefront of this new movement are Boom! Boom! Deluxe who have been touring constantly and have headlined virtually every major event over the past few years including Beach Hop, Muscle Car Madness, The Very Vintage Day Out.